Ergo Chef Multi Function Come-Apart Kitchen Scissors/Shears
By: Ergo Chef
Brand: Ergo Chef
- Multi function come-apart kitchen shears and scissors
- Use for opening; scaling; peeling; cutting wire and small bones; opening bottles; caps and cracking seafood and nuts
- Blades made of super long lasting high carbon steel; blades come apart for individual use and easy cleaning
- Ergonomic non-slip grip for safe; controlled use
- Seamless ABS and TPR handles; durable and helps to control bacteria; hand wash recommended
Publisher: Harold Import Company, Inc.
Details: Ergo Chef's Pro-Series Heavy-Duty Come-Apart Multi-Function Shears are a must-have tool for the kitchen for opening packages, peeling vegetables, cutting chicken bone, wire and scaling fish. Handle has steel teeth in the middle for opening twist caps and cracking nuts. The handle end has a bottle opener and a flat screwdriver/lid lifter. The handle is ergonomic with a TPR non-slip grip for safe, controlled use. Blades and working components made of high quality stainless steel. By Ergo Chef. The Ergo Chef line is the brainchild of a Johnson and Wales trained chef. The chef was sidelined with painful tendonitis and carpal tunnel syndrome and was desperate to find knives and tools that would eliminate hand and wrist pain. The chef turned inventor enlisted the help of his engineer brother. They worked with designers at the family machining company to examine how a conventional knife fits in a chef's hand, the movement of the chef's wrist and hand during chopping and the angle at which the knife hits the cutting board. The innovative design that was eventually developed took stress off the wrist and hand. After only a few weeks the chef's tendonitis disappeared. Countless prototypes were sent to professional chefs, students and culinary professors across the country. The enthusiastic and positive response gave birth to the Ergo Chef brand.