Ergo Chef Pro-Series II 4 Piece Steak Knives
By: Ergo Chef
Brand: Ergo Chef
- Steak knife set; perfect for slicing meat; fruit and vegetables at the dinner table
- Blade made of precision forged German high carbon steel (5CR15MoV); full tang
- Streamline bolsters and full tangs for strength and perfect balance
- Ergonomic handles for safe; controlled use
- Seamless molded handles; durable and helps to control bacteria; hand wash recommended
Publisher: Harold Import Company, Inc.
Details: Ergo Chef's Pro-Series II 5-Inch Steak Knives are the perfect knives for slicing all your meat, fruit and vegetables at the dinner table. Knives feature comfort handles and high quality serrated stainless blades. Blades stay sharp and are easy to care for. Set of 4. By Ergo Chef. The Ergo Chef line of knives is the brainchild of a Johnson and Wales trained chef. The chef was sidelined with painful tendonitis and carpal tunnel syndrome and was desperate to find knives and tools that would eliminate hand and wrist pain. The chef turned inventor enlisted the help of his engineer brother. They worked with designers at the family machining company to examine how a conventional knife fits in a chef's hand, the movement of the chef's wrist and hand during chopping and the angle at which the knife hits the cutting board. The innovative design that was eventually developed took stress off the wrist and hand. After only a few weeks the chef's tendonitis disappeared. Countless prototypes were sent to professional chefs, students and culinary professors across the country. The enthusiastic and positive response gave birth to the Ergo Chef brand.